Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oh look it's been forever since I've posted. Also, a portrait.

Well, I'm honestly ashamed of how much art I haven't been making lately.

On a happier note, I did this from-life, oil portrait a number of weeks ago and am finally putting it up here.

Completely within a relatively short period of time, alla prima style, limited palette, the works. Painted over a sanded down previous portrait, with a quick acrylic gesso (which is probably gonna suck as far as archival purposes go), and then a quick graphite cartoon and thinned-down oils for all of the mass building. It's probably the first time that I've been able to reach this level of inherent dynamicism within a painted piece (in regards to brushwork and visual energy), and I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm actually not quite sure where it is now...maybe my locker? Oh well. I try not to fall in love with my pieces too much because the less complacent I am about it, the more likely I am to keep on working and pushing myself to do better.

Mais voilĂ , c'est moi.



No comments:

Post a Comment